googlef7cf14e494cac192.html Change Your World! For Best Results - Laser Your Focus - Self Improvement
Sunday, March 24, 2013

3/24/2013 09:43:00 PM
Change Your World! For Best Results - Laser Your Focus




He wondered if the rumors were true. Would the sun's rays concentrated through a magnifying glass really start a fire? When I was growing up, a boy in my neighborhood had heard this rumor and set about to determine if it was true. He decided the best place to try his experiment would be on small patch of dry grass in an open field... of dry grass. He discovered that the rumors were true as the field quickly went up in flames.

How powerful a laser focus can be. From his example we learn a couple of important lessons: first, "Don't try this at home," and second, focusing your efforts will magnify your results. Applying the second lesson to your life can change your world.

Get started on focusing your efforts to yield greater results:

1. Decide. What is it that you really want? Great relationships? A promotion? Fantastic health? Decide what it is you really want: Define it. Visualize it. Go for it.

2. Commit. To commit as defined by Webster's 1828 Dictionary, "... is to do some act, or make some declaration, which may bind the person in honor, good faith, or consistency, to pursue a certain course of conduct... " Make the commitment to what you have decided to pursue and on your honor and in good faith, be consistent in your pursuit.

3. Focus. Keep your goal at the forefront of your thinking every single day. At the beginning of every week I write my goals and the purpose of them. The purpose gives me the direction and focus I need so I use my time in the most effective way. When something comes up, as it always does, I run it through the filter of my goals and purpose. If it makes it through, I give time to it, if not, I throw it out.

I challenge you to make a commitment to yourself, on your honor and in good faith. For 60 days I want you to act as if, you have already accomplished what you set out to do. I just finished reading The Pursuit of Happyness by Chris Gardner. By day, he was a high-powered stock broker. By night he was a homeless single parent trying to make ends meet for the first year of his career. Every single day he acted as if he had already accomplished his goal, even though every night he didn't know where he and his son would sleep. You probably know the story, he went on to be a multi-millionaire and CEO of his own brokerage firm. Can you imagine the level of focus he had to endure homelessness while on the road to success?

The rumors are true. If you focus your energies, you can set the world on fire. Decide. Commit. Focus.

0 comments: